What to expect in the course
This course is a previously-recorded Q&A group coaching webinar from 2021 on Navigating Difficult Family Relationships During a Faith Transition. We discuss how to navigate life when experiencing a faith transition. Either as the one having a faith change, or loving someone who is experiencing a faith transition.
While these are questions about specific or personal experiences that I received previous to this recording, I cover many different situations related to communication, boundaries and remaining true to yourself.
This course could be important for you, if you feel you are experiencing a faith transition, feel stuck in a part of your transition and are unsure how to move through it. Even if you’re a member or have friends who are going through a faith transition, this course could give all parties insight into how others can navigate their communication. If you need ideas on how to set boundaries, define values or communicate change, this course will offer insight into all of that.
What topics this course covers:
- How to know when you’re ready to talk to your friends and family about your faith transition.
- How to address your own fear about not being LDS anymore.
- Navigating emotional responsibility for sharing faith changes with your parent
- Staying connected to a spouse who stays in the church
- Navigating pressure for ordinances or baby blessings when you’ve stepped away from the church
- Parents feeling like they need to rescue children who have stepped away
- How to be open when you’re still unsure of where to land
- Taking family situations case by case
- What it looks like to live in differentiation when your parent disagrees with your new path
- Defining personal values and sharing those
- Shame when leaving